Editor-in-Chief: Prof. Dr. Shahid Mumtaz, Nottingham Trent University, Nottingham, United Kingdom.
View Editorial Board
Call for Papers: Reconfigurable Intelligent Surfaces for 6G Networks
Reconfigurable Intelligent Surfaces (RISs) show huge potential in enabling spectrum, energy and cost-efficient wireless communication for beyond-5G networks. Despite the promising prospects, there is still a plethora of challenges and open issues for the practical deployment of RIS networks that can deliver improved quality of experience for the users. The challenges and open issues are subjects of ongoing investigation in the 6G research community. Therefore, this Special Issue invites novel contributions on recent advances in the field or topic. Submissions must not overlap with works that have been published or that are simultaneously being considered for publication elsewhere. Topics of interest include, but not limited to, the following:
- Channel modeling and channel estimation for RIS-aided networks
- Energy-efficient and low-complexity algorithms for RIS-aided networks
- Joint precoding and optimization for RIS-assisted networks
- Radio resource management for RIS-aided networks
- System-level performance evaluation of RIS-aided networks
- AI-driven optimization for RIS-aided networks
- Mobility and multi-connectivity approaches for RIS-aided 6G networks
- Practical deployment use cases and standardization for RIS-aided networks
- Integrated aerial-terrestrial RIS-aided networks
- Interplay of RIS with other wireless technologies (SWIPT, NOMA, D2D, V2X, UAVs, etc.)
Keywords: 6G, Antenna arrays, Beamforming, Beyond-5G, IRS, RIS.
Submission: Submitted articles must not have been previously published or currently submitted for journal publication elsewhere and should adhere to the submission guidelines. Please submit your paper at https://mc03.manuscriptcentral.com/jadc. In addition to full papers, brief contributions are also considered.
Please feel free to reach out to the Editorial office at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or would like to propose an idea for an article.